The Stony Brook School
BAR – Architects, P.C.
A three-story (not including basement) wood-framed structure with brick façade constructed in 1928. The building is approximately 17,000 square feet and has 26 dorm rooms, a large lobby, a common lounge area, bathrooms and laundry facilities.
• Renovated all three building entrances
• Complete demolition of interior walls, ceilings and flooring to expose existing framing
• Installed updated electrical service inside building
• Installed new durable sheetrock over existing framing
• Installed new ceilings to achieve highest possible ceiling height in each space
• Installed new flooring, paint and finishes
• Completed renovation of lobby and lounge areas, while keeping the character of the surrounding building